About Penina Apartments
- Penina Golf Apartments is a UK based Club that owns 14 apartments on the estate adjacent to Penina Golf Course, Alvor, in the Algarve.
- The Club is administered by a Committee elected by the Members.
- A Portuguese Company based is engaged to look after the development. There is a fully staffed reception open 9.30 until 17.30 7 days a week.
- The Club has owned and operated the apartments for 30 years.
- The apartments were refurbished to a high standard 5 years ago.
- The Club is non profit making although very well financed. All monies are reinvested in the fabric of the apartments and the gardens. Improvements are made yearly.
Penina itself is located on the N125, 60kms due west of Faro airport (approx. 40mins by car).
Nearby Towns of Alvor, Lagos, Portimão & Faro
Alvor beach, one of the safest and best in the Algarve, is ten minutes away by car and there are several excellent beach side restaurants to chose from. The adjacent village of Alvor is a typical working fishing village with narrow cobbled streets, full of interesting shops, bars and restaurants. It is very much family oriented.
The ports of Lagos and Portimao are 15 and 10 mins respectively away by taxi or car, and offer excellent shopping, eating, and banking facilities. Fishing and boating trips can be organized from the quays and Silves, the ancient inland capital of the Algarve, can also be reached by river boat excursion.
Finally there is an excellent splash and slide aqua facility 25 mins by car on the main road to Faro. This is just a flavour of things to do in and around Penina and by no means exhaustive.